Who is Lamont Marcell Jacobs Jr.? Bio, Age, Wiki, Net Worth,
Do you know Who is Lamont Marcell Jacobs Jr.?
Lamont Marcell Jacobs Jr. is an Italian sprinter and long jumper. Jacobs is best known for winning gold in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics becoming the first Italian to win gold in 100 m.
He also set a new 100 m European record with a time of 9.80. Previously, he won the 2021 European Athletics Indoor Championships. He also finished the 2020-21 season as World Leader at 60 meters.
Lamont Marcell Jacobs Jr.: Early Life and Family
Lamont Marcell Jacobs was born on 26 September 1994. His birth name is Lamont Marcell Jacobs Jr. His birthplace is in El Paso, Texas, in the United States. He holds Italian nationality. Lamont Marcell Jacobs Jr belongs to mixed ethnicity and his religion is Christianity.
He was born to an Italian mother and an African-American father. His military father, Lamont Marcell Jacobs Sr. met his mother, Viviana Masini when he was stationed in Italy. They got married and later moved to Texas where he was born.
He spent the first eighteen months of his life in Texas. After his father was transferred to South Korea, Jacobs moved to Desenzano del Garda with his mother.
Lamont Marcell Jacobs Jr. Dating Life (Relationship)
Lamont Marcell Jacobs is a married man. He is married to Nicole Daza. The couple shares two children. Their first child, Anthony was born in 2019, and their second child, Megan was born in 2021. He also has a son, Jeremy, born in 2013 from his previous relationship.
- Jacobs started competing in athletics at the age of 10.
- He initially preferred sprinting and later took a long jump in 2011.
- In 2016, he won the Italian Athletics Championships in the long jump. At the end of the 2017 indoor season, he ranked in 10th place on the IAAF (now World Athletics). He has a personal best of 8.07 m.
- He jumped 7.95 m at the 2016 Mediterranean U23 Championships.
- However, his result was not recognized as a national record due to a 2.8 m/s tailwind.
- Along with Federico Cattaneo, Davide Manetti, and Filippo Tortu, he holds the 4*100 m national record with a time of 38.11. They set the national record in Doha in October 2019.
- He holds the 60 m national record with a time of 6.47, the record he set at Torun in March 2021.
- He set the Italian record in the 100 m with a time of 9.95 in May 2021.
- He won his fourth national title in a row after he won the Italian championship with a time of 10.1 in 2021. He previously won it three times in 2018, 2019, and 2020.
- He qualified for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics representing Italy.
- He won the gold medal in men’s 100 m with a time of 9.80. He had already broken the European record with a time of 9.84 in the semi-finals.
What is Lamont Marcell Jacobs Famous For?
Won 100 m gold in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.