Melissa Cookston Age, Ethnicity, Relationship, Height, Career, Wiki
Melissa Cookston’s net worth is expected to exceed $20 million
Do you know Who is Melissa Cookston?
Melissa Cookston is a chef, businesswoman, entrepreneur, and author from the United States. Melissa Cookston is a seven-time world barbecue champion, the chef/owner of two restaurants, the author of two cookbooks, and the chef/owner of two restaurants. Cookston is also the first female barbecue world champion, having earned first place twice in the World Barbecue Championship in Memphis in May.
Quick Facts: Melissa Cookston
|5 feet 8 inches
|Chef, Author, Businesswoman, and Entreprenuer
|One (Lauren Cookston)
|North Pontoc High School
Melissa Cookston: Early Life and Family
Melissa was born in Greenville, Mississippi on October 29, 1968. She is of mixed (Scottish and English) ancestry and American nationality. Likewise, she is 52 years old. She hasn’t divulged anything about her family or childhood. Melissa’s ss hometown, on the other hand, is in Mississippi, USA, in a little town named Ruleville. In contrast, her parents reared her in Greenville, Mississippi.
Despite the fact that Melissa never publicly addressed her father, it is assumed that Tommy E. Nichols Sr., who is listed on Melissa’s Facebook ‘Family and Relationships section. Melissa has a cousin named Pam Vaughn. She received her schooling at North Pontiac High School. Melissa’s first recollection of barbecue is walking down to her grandfather’s coffee shop and smelling the barbecue coming from the adjacent barbecue station.
- Melissa’s passion for barbecue started when he visited her grandfather’s coffee business in Pontotoc, which was next to a barbecue restaurant. She used to catch a whiff of barbeque while sitting in her grandfather’s coffee shop, and if she was fortunate, she’d receive a sandwich.
- She worked in food preparation for several years, where she met her husband Pete. Melissa, on the other hand, was drawn to the BBQ industry after meeting her husband, Pete Cookston.
- In 1996, she started cooking barbeque and began participating in contests, winning several times. Then, in 2007, she and her husband resigned from their jobs and started traveling around the nation to compete in barbeque contests.
- Memphis BBQ Company, their first restaurant, opened in 2011 with locations in Mississippi, Georgia, and North Carolina. Melissa acts as a role model for any woman who desires to work in this business at a time when practically all pitmasters are males.
- Melissa appeared on Netflix’s American Barbecue Showdown after serving as a judge on the fourth season of Destination America’s BBQ Pitmasters. Fox News has called her one of America’s most prominent BBQ pitmasters.
- Since 2012, she has been on TV series such as BBQ Pitmasters, Chopped, CBS This Morning, and The Kitchen.
- STEAK by Melissa, her second restaurant, launched in October 2016 in Southaven, Mississippi. It is scheduled to be decommissioned in 2020. Green Tomato Catering, a catering/plate lunch restaurant in Horn Lake, Mississippi, first opened its doors in 2019.
Melissa Cookston Dating Life (Relationship)
Melissa Cookston is currently married. Pete Cookston is her husband’s name, and he is also her business partner. They co-own their well-known restaurant enterprises. While it is uncertain how Melissa Cookston and her husband, Pete Cookston, initially met or when they started dating, it was Pete who first introduced her to barbeque. They even went to a BBQ competition together while dating. After dating for many years, the pair married in September 1997. Melissa and Pete celebrated their 13th wedding anniversary with a dinner party at Mesquite Chop House.
Melissa is where she is now due of the love and support she has gotten from her beautiful husband, Pete. She and her husband founded the first Memphis Barbecue Company in 2010. With the support of her husband, she launched a second restaurant in Fayetteville, North Carolina, and a third in Atlanta. Melissa is now seeking a new site for a potential fourth restaurant. Melissa and Pete, both of Nesbit, Mississippi, are parents to a girl. Her given name is Lauren Cookston. Lauren graduated from the University of Mississippi-Ole Miss with a bachelor’s degree in international studies in 2010. Her family and she presently reside in Hernando, Mississippi.
Melissa Cookston‘s Net worth, Earnings
Given her remarkable accomplishment, it is hardly surprising that she is well-paid. She is a world-renowned chef who runs two restaurants. Melissa Cookston’s net worth is expected to exceed $20 million by 2022, according to internet sources. A two-time Memphis May World Barbecue Championship champion sold well in 2014. Her restaurants earned between $10 and $15 million in sales.
How Tall is Melissa Cookston? Weight, Hair Color
In terms of height and weight, the chef stands 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs 63 kg. She has black hair that she tints blonde on a regular basis. Similarly, she has beautiful skin and dark brown eyes. Other information regarding her physical measurements has not been made public. She is of average build and has a nice face. Melissa Cookston, on the other hand, remains alive and well. She looks for her family’s health in addition to her own.